Date posted: 10 January 2020
Closing date: 24 January 2020
Job post based at: Gleeds
Project Manager - Rail
Be part of the extraordinary
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities.
About this opportunity
Assistant / Project Manager responsible for managing the delivery of project management and programme management services for a major infrastructure client within our Rail division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality,
• Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with the company and client procedures, including project management methodology for capital investment projects and understanding of different stages of GRIP project methodology.
• Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
• Assist in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
• Manage the production of project management plans
• Assist Senior Management with project budgets within agreed targets.
• Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Change Manage, including the submission of Change Papers where required.
• Provide details for the possession plan and authority submission for allocated schemes.
• Act as CDM Coordinator as directed if relevant.
• Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
• Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships.
• Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet our Customer’s requirements.
• Managing projects and/or programmes to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures
• Producing and presenting to customers
• Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the business units activities.
• Advising directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or may arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on Gleeds professional indemnity (PI) insurance.
As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
• Opportunities to develop and grow your career as a training, learning and development professional
• 24 days holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
• A contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Our global travel scholarship programme
• Flexible working arrangements
Who we’re looking for:
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
• Project management or equivalent experience post qualification.
• Sound knowledge and practiced experience of project management techniques.
• Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
• Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
• Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
• Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills
• Sound ICT skills, with a high proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Have experience or understanding of Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), Railway standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance.
• MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or
• MAPM (Member of the Association of Project Managers) or
• MCIOB (Member of the Chartered Institute of Builders)
• Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
• A degree or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.