Date posted: 08 August 2019
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Job post based at: Gleeds Energy - Warrington
Cost Management / Quantity Surveying
Gleeds Energy is looking to recruit experienced Quantity Surveyor`s at all levels to join our team.
Gleeds Energy Limited is the division of Gleeds dedicated to the provision of a comprehensive consultancy service to the Power, Energy, Defence, Heavy Engineering and Manufacturing sectors.
We are seeking candidates with drive and energy with experience in the Defence, Nuclear or Heavy engineering sectors.
Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management. Experience of standard forms of contract, including NEC3 may be beneficial.
The position requires the candidate to work in a heavy industrialised environment and will be required to spend most of their time monitoring progress on site.
You will be able to work in a Client facing role and develop relationships within the industry and have a forward-thinking approach with the ability to develop client relationships.
Responding directly to the Lead Quantity Surveyor you will carry out and support the following duties:
- Contract Management
- Cost Management
- Prepare, validate and agreement of interim and final accounts
- Prepare monthly reports
- Complete savings report for internal records
- Risk Management
- Contract Change Control
- Site Surveys
- Attending / leading Commercial / Contract meetings
- Comply with Quality Management Systems, processes and procedures
In addition to having the following skills, candidates personal and communication skills, ambition, drive and energy will be considered important to be successful.
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Knowledge of standard forms contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate
You will be degree educated in a RICS accredited Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying course or equivalent and be MRICS qualified or working towards Chartership. For Trainee opportunties we will support you to obtain a BSc within a Construction related course.Apply online